Sunday, February 28, 2016

Online Reputation

I was assigned Reece Sullivan to do the online reputation assignment on. I first began by looking at Reece's Facebook page, some basic information that I uncovered was: his birthday is March 8, 1993, making him almost 23 years old. His hometown is in Los Angeles, California but he graduated from Box Elder High School in 2011. He lived in Brigham for some time before going to college at USU in Logan where he currently lives with his wife. He is studying Communication and Media Studies at Utah State (Linked-In). He proposed to his wife on March 15, 2015, and they were married on July 6, 2015.

The first trend I identified was mainly due to Reece's Facebook page, it suggested that Reece is a member of the LDS church. I came to this consensus due to the many pictures he had on his wedding day, with his wife, in front of an LDS temple, one of his previous profile pictures of the "I am a Mormon" photo stock, multiple pictures of Reece on his mission, and under his "About" tab, he self-identified as a Latter Day Saint. Also, according to his Linked-In profile, he is currently teaching LDS Seminary and has been since 2012.


A second trend is Reece's mission, all of this information was gathered from Reece's Missionsite.net account. Reece was assigned to labor the Mexico, Culiacan, Spanish-speaking mission. He entered the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 13, 2012. He was released from his mission approximately two years, three weeks and three days on July 9th, 2014. Due to the frequent number of Spanish comments he receives on his Facebook posts and his Linked-In profile language section, Reece still speaks Spanish fluently. I also gathered from this site that Reece's home address is in Brigham City, Utah. His missionsite.net was run by Bentley Sullivan while he was on his mission, after doing some Facebook stalking I have come to the conclusion that this is most likely his mother.



Another trend I identified from Facebook posts was that Reece seems to enjoy the outdoors with his friends and wife. There are many pictures (1, 2, 3, 4) of him and his friends hiking, riding horses, four wheeling, snowmobiling and enjoying themselves outside.



The final trend identified was that for approximately 61 days, Reece was employed by a summer sales agency. I found this on one of his wife's Instagram posts that had been linked to Facebook. Despite my best efforts, I was unable to find out the company Reece worked for or where he was when selling during the summer. Which in my opinion, is totally okay because I felt like a complete stalker while doing this whole assignment. (Send your wife my apologies for attempting to befriend her on Instagram! I don't let strangers follow me either - it was a long shot to being with!)

Props to Reece for staying off most social media sites - you are a hard man to find; and I think that in today's society where everything seems to be online, that is something to be proud of.








No comments:

Post a Comment